The Toronto Unicyclists are a non-profit sports club that is open to all. Everyone is welcome to come out whether you are completely new to unicycling or a seasoned pro.
How to Unicycle Print
The best way to learn how to unicycle is to come out to one of the club practices, but if that is not possible then here are a few tips to help you get started …
1. Buy or borrow a unicycle.
2. While using something for support (a wall, friend, fence or anything stable) mount the unicycle.
3. While still holding on, move the pedals until they are perpendicular to the ground.
4. While still holding on, sit on the seat. Make sure all your weight is on the seat.
5. Attempt to pedal slowly while maintaining your body over the centre of the unicycle.
6. After about 10 hours of practice you should be able to ride a few meters without any assitance.